Just a little gaggle of quick hits today:
- What's the difference between a kind of 21st century academic Luddism and just being cranky? The motivation for being a Luddite is economic and too a less extent social.
- Twitter and cricket, but I've stopped watching this: http://www.cricinfo.com/engvaus2009/engine/current/match/345972.html
- Some good press for the Pyla-Koutsopetria Archaeological Project from the Patriot News (Harrisburg, PA) thanks to David Pettegrew and the good folks at Messiah College.
- So, I've been thinking of changing my blog. Two things have occurred to me lately. First, I like to Twitter and I do it a good bit (follow me here), but I don't like that Tweets are pretty ephemeral little things and there is no way (that I have discovered) to link to them. So once you release a Tweet into the wilds, it will really resist being captured or re-purposed. I am not going to give up Tweeting, but was thinking about creating a new blog, perhaps an anonymous new blog which intersperses slightly longer commentary with captured (re-purposed) Tweets. It would be a sort of personal meta-twitter. I'd then cut back this blog to, say, three days a week of longer posts. It's still just a concept...
- Simplify works well.
- I've been listening to: Sonic Youth's Evol (better than Daydream Nation, I think), The Go's "Whatcha Doin'?", and Franz Ferdinand's "Tonight", while "inking" artifact illustrations in Adobe Illustrator.