A little klatch of quick hits on an overcast Friday morning:
- Beloit College's Mindset list for the Class of 2013 is a great read. And it makes you think carefully about any common ground that you imagine will exist between students and and faculty.
- The Personas Project at MIT is pretty cool. From what I can tell, Bill is much more interesting than William. Here are my results:
- This is something to think about, I mean, if you are into that kind of thing:
- Fortunately, our University president has a blog, at just about the time when other university presidents have twitter feeds (Gordon Gee (OSU), Kirk H. Schulz (K-State), John Maeda (RISD)). Someone might want to point out: if you're in most of the photographs posted on your blog, it sorta undermines the illusion that you are generating the content. Just sayin'.
- Go read Teaching Thursday and join the conversation
- And some love for the only PR Machine at the University more powerful than the Pyla-Koustopetria Archaeological Project: The Institute for Philosophy in the Public Life. They're showing Casablanca at the Empire Theater on Wednesday.
- Word is that I'll be in my new office sometime next week. That's the first week of classes. Yikes.
- Rain at the Oval just as the Australian side got their feet under them. My new opinion is, if you live in a country where it rains all the time, you should not be allowed to host a Test series.