Some quick hits on a sunny and cold Friday morning:
- The famous smiley water tower in Grand Forks met its end this week. The local water tower painted with a smile and wink in 1977 was dismantled despite the controversy surrounding its importance to the local community.
- I've begun to experiment with Omeka and hope to have some kind of exhibit of material from the Pyla-Koustopetria Archaeological Project available by early next year.
- I've also started blogging with ecto. So far, so good.
- Finally, Ryan Stander and I received an invitation from Kickstarter and hope to have something up and ready to go by the end of the month.
- If you haven't read Teaching Thursday, you should.
- Via, Objects-Buildings-Situations, the Byzantine and Christian Museum in Athens has opened its reinstalled Post-Byzantine collection.
- It's fantastic to see the new home of the Digital and New Media Working Group coming together. Photos soon.
More soon, but in the meantime, have a good weekend!