It's a cold and clear winter day for some quick hits and varia.
- This is a pretty cool way to see how the world used Google.
- This looks to be a pretty interesting report on who uses Twitter.
- Along similar lines, this is an interesting little blog post on how to write on Twitter.
- And here is a First Monday article on learning and social media technologies, and here is a Chronicle article in another company trying to integrate social media software and teaching.
- At Teaching Thursday, we had a not tech related blog post on the ethics of test making and cheating.
- Tuesday was December 7th. Pearl Harbor Day. And here is FDR's famous speech.
- What I am listening to: Jay-Z, The Black Album.
- What I am reading: James C. Scott, Weapons of the Weak: Everyday forms of Peasant Resistance. (Yale 1985).